Butler for Qlik Sense - connecting Sense to the world
The goal of the previously described Slack proxy project was to allow posting of messages from Qlik Sense load scripts to Slack (great instant messaging platform!). The project has however developed into something larger and slightly more ambitious, integrating other connections than Slack. The original project name “Slack proxy” has become less and less relevant, and the project has thus been renamed to “Butler”.
As of right now (May 2016), Butler’s feature set include
- Send messages from Sense load script to Slack
- Send/publish MQTT messages from Sense load script (i.e. outbound MQTT).
- Sense reload failures as emails, and to Slack.
- Sense audit events (session start/stop and connection open/close) to Slack and to MQTT messages.
- Create new directories on the Sense server’s (where Butler is running) disks.
- Get disk space info, for disks on the Sense server where Butler is running.
Butler version 1.1 was just released, please refer to the Butler GitHub repository for further information. Feel free to fork it and contribute if you feel some feature is missing – the node.js app should be pretty easy to understand and extend upon.